View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 08:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Respnse to Lidoderm Patches

Thanks Melody for your caring response to my request. Yes, I tried Lidoderm patches and they did not help. You see, when the rash was at its worse, topical treatments worked some of the time. But it's been almost two years now since I had the rash. The nerve pain is now in the areas where the blisters were. One of your members, Robert, has suggesed and sent me a topical product, which is a derivitive of the musroom. I just received it and will try it as he suggestes and keep you posted.

I gouess it's a cropss bewtten personal dignity and vanity that I wear the my wig all the time while I am working. I do have brief periods of time when the pain is minimal and bearable....Then there are the other times *&$%^$#@*!!!! But I am detrmined to find something that will heal the nerves and, in the meantime, make the pain tolerable. Thansk for your car,ing, thoughtful suggestions. I will not give up until I find something to heal this condition. Strangely enough, meditation by far helps more than anything.....but it is a state I cannot stay in and do business. I'm just structuring my time to find the time to take a few moments each day to sit quietyly and let it be...without my wig on of course...:-)

Thanks again Melody,
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Hi Erin:

Welcome to our little group.

My mom had shingles. My aunt had it in her eye. I know so many people who suffered with shingles, well my heart goes out to you.

I remember when my mom had it, the doctor explained that you can only get it on one quadrant of your body. Is this still true?? He explained that if you get it on your front, you can't get it on your back.

Now I have no idea what the heck he was talking about because shingles is from the chickenpox virus so why can you only get it on one quadrant?

But I'll never forget being at the doctor with my mother and the doctor was examining these blister looking VERY PAINFUL things on her stomach.

That's when he went into the whole explanation.

They didn't have lyrica or neurontin way back in those days.

But today, thankfully, there are meds you can take for nerve pain.

Do you really wear the wig when you are in such discomfort?? I can't imagine going to work and being in pain all day long. We have to find you something to take the edge off.

Perhaps the lidoderm patch as Silverlady suggested??

You are probably an old pro on what actually works for you and what DOESN'T work for you.

I am so sorry to hear that you had to go through chemo.

You sound like a heck of a fighter.

We need you on these forums.

Take care.
Erinda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote