View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default It's happened to me as well.

A few years back I slipped on a wet floor at work. My feet went from under me and I landed on my back, hitting my head on the floor. I'm told that I bounced so I hit twice, and as the floor itself was concrete covered by vinyl, I hit pretty hard.

After the accident I was taken to the hospital by ambulance but discharged home very quickly. They said for me to only come back if I got dizzy or nauseous. Hey, I was already dizzy. I couldn't even sit up on the hospital stretcher without feeling dizzy.

I'd fractured my sacrum in the fall and I had a diagnosed concussion but no-one at the hospital seemed to care one little bit.

For the next 3 days I could not sit up. Every time I tried I just fell down again. It was like I was on a spring or something.......Push me one way, and I'd topple over the other way. Two days in a row we went back to the hospital because the dizziness was so bad. Two days in a row they sent me home again and told me to rest!

I was off work for a total of six months because of this ordeal. This is the very first time I've heard there was even such a thing as Post Concussion Syndrome. Thank you for the thread.

I'm over it now, but there were times where I got so depressed with all the carp I was going through, that you just wouldn't believe.

I just wish I'd known before about this syndrome. Maybe I would have sought help in some way. I don't know if anyone could actually help me, but it would have been nice to know just the same.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MargN (03-09-2008)