View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
Okay, so I bought a piece of art on the cruise. I love it, BUT, it doesn't match anything I have! Where the heck am I going to hang the thang?

It's BIG, so I can't just hang it inconspicuously somewhere. I don't really have a case of buyer's remorse, just kinda slapping myself upside the head and asking, "Why couldn't you have fallen in love with something that at least matched the house decor?"

Just waiting for some artsy fartsy folks to bring up Romero Britto in conversation. "Oh yeah," I'll say casually. "I've got one of his pieces in my collection." I just won't tell them it's a collection of ONE!
What kind of frame is it in? Maybe if you change the frame, it might fit an area of your house then?

You dont need to have everything in your house match, break up the colors occasionally. My dad just bought an oak desk, which is next to our teak dining room table, in the same room that my mom's white, distressed wood desk is in...across the room from that is the plasma tv, white fireplace mantel, and an oak entertainment center.

The couch is black, love seat #1 is red, love seat #2 is white, and the carpeting is white. Practically nothing matches, but the professional designer that we've used occasionally said that if the furniture is placed the right way, everything works together.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote