View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 07:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi bobcat:

You are a very gifted writer, you sum up what many of us feel.

Limbo is not a good place to be, especially when you are a Type A who needs answers. We all need support.

Sadly, many of us can't get the support of those we love. That's why there are these forums. It was my MS neuro who suggested finding a good forum - this is one - and they has been my lifeline. It is where I come for comfort and support and friendship - people on the forum go my speed. I get my questions answered and my bad days, my angry days understood. My family can't help me, they expect me to help them, and I can't always do it.

I don't know what to say except some of us understand. The last 10 years for me have been tough. That's when I went on disability. Living in Canada my medical care and drugs are paid for, I can't imagine the discouragement you must feel, for you deserve decent medical care and without insurance how can you possibly get it?

I can no longer play the piano or organ, or follow a knitting pattern or read a book. I cannot walk the many kms. I used to love. I sleep too much and struggle with pain and the irritability it brings. My marriage ended after 34 years because my husband didn't have the wife he used to. My bowels keep me inside more than I would like. There's more, but what difference would it make? All the tests rule out everything.

So we sit with a dx of possible/probable MS, the uncertainty reminding us daily that our bodies have betrayed us and the medical community has no answers. Sympathy from them? Maybe. Or maybe they think we are part of that group of psychiatric patients who can manufacture symptoms. For me that's how it feels.

Sometimes there are no answers, except that 5% never show lesions. That's not much comfort because we are back at square one - limbo.

Time helps a bit, just not enough. I too want an answer - any answer. Sadly I don't think it will be forthcoming any time soon for me or my friends on the forum I frequent.

Courage isn't a one time thing - it's a daily act of the will, like love. Your gift of writing will help others here and in turn, they will support you.

Hang in there bobcatsrule - you are among friends. I truly wish you had the money to get the help you should have. It's not fair.

Last edited by cricket52; 03-07-2008 at 07:14 AM. Reason: brainfog
cricket52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bobcatsrule (03-07-2008)