View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 10:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My current response to those who think it could be an emotional response (not psyc ward by any means) is this:

We let them do MRI's, LP's, blood work...all kinds of studies. Why not let a Therapist check out your emotions? What is wrong with checking this possibility? Are we more upset about the possibility that it's emotional baggage than a disease that no one wants?

I believe we owe it to oursevles and our families to check out every possibility. If its not a "Conversion Disorder" (look that up) then you will be 'negative' there, like the other tests. It's as simple as that and one can report to the non-believers in our lives that no, it's not that either!

Therapy can help you learn to deal with whats on the plate too and give you some peace so you are not so distraught over the 'what is it?' thing that keeps one in limbo land.

For the record, I chose to do just that, and to date, my Therapist doesn't think that at all. We are working on other issues, but he has no reason to believe it's a Conversion Disorder...and that is a relief!

Welcome to the board

PS: What are your sx?

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body

Last edited by sugarboo; 03-07-2008 at 10:28 AM. Reason: PS
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bobcatsrule (03-09-2008), SallyC (03-07-2008), the Bird (03-07-2008)