View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 12:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket52 View Post
Greenjeans:

There is nothing wrong with a good therapist. I spent years in therapy, on and off all kinds of meds and even spent time on psych wards. But that was for depression.

However it was necessary. It was my last psychiatrist five years ago who told my PCP that the problems were physical, not just mental. My PCP thinks it's mostly mental with occasional neurological evidence thrown in. But he is just a PCP who has not made any attempt to pursue continuing education, nor does he do much research. He isn't interested in mystery patients, all he cares about is BP and weight and cholesterol.

So - like bobcatrules I work around him.

Sometimes it's the only way. Even psych patients get sick. I often say I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid.

Well said Cricket!! In case you missed it, because I could not get a dx, I chose on my own to investigate this possibility....for me and my family....so that I could put this possibility to rest. I was scared that the therapist would say "Yup, you did this to yourself", but he didn't. I'm working on other issues as in life, we all have things we could talk out and feel better for. It is helping my mind...and I don't feel anxity or depression....hell, who wouldn't get depressed after what we go through? I will never have to wonder now, and I can tell that to any doc that would suggest it in the future (FTR: My Neuro just said we are going to wait and see....he never suggeted it was emotional)

Thanks!!

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote