Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollym View Post
My actual question is regarding something bizarre that I have been experiencing. I notice that if I turn my head to the left (my left arm is the affected arm) and and lean back to stretch, I can feel this pulling from my shoulder (from a particular spot on the inside of my shoulder) down to the crook of my elbow. I don't experience this on the right at all. Does this sound like something any of you experience that is related to TOS?
does it feel like it's a slim line that is pulling?

I ask because after doing sessions of a lot of yard work, tree pruning and clean up - I had a similar feeling - it's happened 3 x's for me now.
Along with the pulling sensation, I also would get weird sharp pains in my wrist if I lifted or gripped while bending my wrist.
My finger coordination {typing} decreased also.
Oh and at the worst of it shoulder {inside} /armpit are would get pulling an weird twitches.

I mentioned it to my chiro since it was still bothering me at the time of that months appt.
He checked wrist, arm, neck etc and concluded my nerve had gotten hung up a bit & my muscles were tighter than usual.
So he did some flex, pulls, tugging, jerks and various maneuvers to the arm & wrist to free it up.
It was slightly tender the next day but after that the improvement was very surprising.

My hubby was having wrist pain too so I did the same type of things to his arm/wrist and it helped him too.

I don't have an "official" TOS dx by any MD { 2 adv PTs & my chiro agree}
One MD did write it as "Cervico/Thoracic spine strain w/arm pain"
and another wrote " chronic soft tissue injury -due to repetitive motion injury"
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinz (03-07-2008), hollym (03-07-2008)