View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 12:58 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

For both of the posters, please don't "box" symptoms of TOS.

Can you believe that during five years, I've had almost EVERY SINGLE ONE of the symptoms you describe?

I remember when my thumb used to be so sore and twitched and was worthless.

How about when I had that reaction to novocaine and my tongue swelled up wide open and my face was numb / tingly for over six months.

And the leg symptoms - which most of the docs swear can't be related to TOS - yet those develop, get really bad, then ebb off, and some of my right foot is completely back and normal.

Now the TOS is causing my left eye to get red and painful, I vomit, my chest muscles get hard and unless I am lucky, I have to get to a hospital and be admittted for morphine IV.

And the docs say, after ALL of the testing - and it's in the 30s now on numbers of tests - IT'S ALL TOS.

For Holly M., look at Kat's thread and read all of the tests TOSers go through to decide if what is happening to them is TOS and then if it's operable or manageable through PT or meds.

I don't have the capability to describe each of your symptoms I've had, but as I was reading I was like, "yeah, I had that one, it stopped after a while, yeah, then I had that one..."

TOS is a real bi&%* with all that it can do to a person's body.

I love Di's pictures - they help you see at least which nerves are getting attacked at which time.

I am not opposed to a theoretical thinking that a virus is attacking some of the nerves for some of us, me, due to the way the pain and problems move around...just a thought.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (03-07-2008)