View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Tam,

Tam makes excellent points. It can all be related to TOS or separate coexisting issues that exaccerabate each other. Its sometimes hard to distinguish.

I also have thryoid issues that complicated my TOS because of a large inflammed goiter sitting next to my nerve bundle. Hard to say what inflammed what but then it just became a circle of pain.

I also have shown some recent insulin resistance which aggravates my nerves. I can thank family genetics and lyrica for that one.

So Tam is absolutely right in saying not to box our symptoms in any way.

In terms of my c6 disc issue the subluxation was very clear on the x-ray and I could see the disc impringement and the unstable range of the disc. Doc even thought that this could be a recent issue and the TOS surgery and removal of muscle contributed to an already unstable joint.

You MS could be contributing to this problem as well. It is all connected in some way.

Holly I would read some more on this board and google as much as you can. And have a qualified neuro check you out. Do your homework and question the doc with logical thought out level headed questions. Ask him to test you for TOS and see a spine guy. It could not hurt. So often we have to take the lead in our care.

If you do PT be sure that it is gentle and dont let them push you to do things that hurt. It often makes things worse.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinz (03-07-2008), hollym (03-07-2008), tshadow (03-07-2008)