View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Electra, I'm glad to hear you're planning to take the whole family gf (at least for now!) Remember we can only do what we know to do (i.e. you didn't know before now). I went dairy-free when breastfed ds was 6 weeks old and the doctors said it looked like he had a dairy allergy. Being df didn't stop the runny poo or the growly tummy. Finally when he was 5 YEARS old with chronic tummy aches and the doctors ran tests and said he was fine, did we try gf. Ds doesn't have dq2 or dq8, but he definitely reacts to gluten.

You mentioned needing quick breakfast ideas - how about:
1.nut butter on rice cake
2.rice cooked (2.5 cups rice with 11 cups water) in crock pot all night, then add nuts, dried fruit, cinnamon, top with soy, rice or almond milk and some maple syrup
3.toast 1/2 cup buckwheat groats in dry skillet, add 1 cup water, bring to a boil and cook covered for 10 minutes. Top with milk-of-choice and blackstrap molasses
4.leftovers from dinner!
5.last night I cooked extra rice at dinner. This morning I tossed some walnuts, apples and cinnamon in the food processor to chop. I added that along with raisins to the cold rice and stirred well. Dished up and topped with milk-of-choice and maple syrup.
jamietwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote