View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Does this sound like Celiac Disease?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here but I have a few questions that I hope you might be able to help me with. Any input or advice on my situation would be greatly appreciated!

Someone told me to look into CD as a possible reason for my troubles and it does seem to fit (to some degree) but I'm not sure if I totally understand it. I see my Dr. (GP) tomorrow and I want to ask her about it but I'm just not sure at this point.

This is a bit embarassing to talk about but here it goes....

I've had off & on stomach troubles for years. I've been told by a couple of Dr.'s that it could be IBS but they didn't know for sure and nothing was done. I have suffered with both generalized and localized abdominal pains, pain and nausea after eating, fatigue and weakness, muscle cramps, tingling in arms and legs, a bloated or swollen feeling abdomen, frequent BM's, weight loss (15 lbs. over past few months), and the worst symptoms is SEVERE stomach pain and cramping that will sometimes last for a few hours and is only relieved by BM but never happens right away. It always takes and hour or two before I get any relief and then I have to deal with diarrhea for the next hour or two. This severe pain and cramping has caused me to almost pass out a few times and is becoming more frequent. I have noticed for a while that this pain seems to be triggered by something that I have eaten. I haven't kept track off all the triggers but I do know that certain cold cereals have set it off. I talked with a few people I know who have IBS and their's doesn't seem to behave like mine at all.

If I do ask my Dr. about CD what type of exam or tests should be done?
Thanks in advance for any helpful replies!
Daisy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote