View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 02:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
I say this in jest. But in this particular case. YOU GOTTA LOVE VERIZON!!! Why?

Well for some time, my phone bill IS NEVER WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE. Never. Every month I have to call and speak to a person (try getting a live one), and I always get it changed to what it's supposed to be.

So last month, same channel, same story. So I got this lovely lady who says "because you are a valued Verizon Customer, I'm sending you a 100 point Verizon prepaid Gift card. I said Oh, Thank you. (not knowing what the heck a 100 point prepaid gift card was).

So it came a few weeks ago, and I look at it and I read the instructions and 100 points equals $100.00. Of course we got all excited thinking this is a $100 prepaid card. HOWEVER...it can only be used in participating companies.

So they give me this insert which lists all the companies. Mostly furniture companies (I have no need of this), children's clothing companies (I have no need of this), and other such stuff.

So we put away the card and said "oh someday, we'll use it".

Welll I've been looking to buy the Shark Steam Mop. In the commerical on tv it's $79.99. plus delivery, etc.

So I'm thinking today, let me see if I can get what I need at one of these participating companies.

BINGO. Linen N Things is a participating company and they have a AS SEEN ON TV department.

I just ordered the Shark Steam Mop. ISN'T THIS A HOOT!!!

OH, yesterday my item from ebay came in the mail. I bought a BONZAI food chopper dicing, mincing thing with 3 plastic containers, brand new, sealed.

Guess how much I paid on ebay?? I won the auction .....$.99 cents and $7.00 shipping and handing. That's right. Total cost was $7.99 for an item that sells online for $19.99 plus shipping and handling.

It arrived yesterday. I am absolutely delighted.

And today, I got the SHARK STEAM MOP (thank you Verizon gift card people).

I mean, miracles do happen to me, SOMETIMES!!!!

Take care,
Melody
My hubby and I HATE Verizon...we finally finished our blasted contract with them. For us ...we never could get a decent connection on our phone.

MY DH called them a zillion times but they never could do a thing. So....when he's near a store he opens the door and says "Can you hear me now?".

IT's all what works for you or in your area. We went with SunCom which will soon be T-Mobile. So far we love the service, but the phone sucks. Oh well....it's a toss up.

Melody: let me know how that shark steam thingy works....I wanted one and I have wondered.

Tootsie