View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 03:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
A simple answer...Yes! When it was at its worst, I sat there watching TV,etc, with my eyes closed, which was like a forced blindness. I could open them, but then they would shut again. This was my first attack. Now it's mostly squinting and uncontrolled blinking, with blurry vision. I also have sharp stabbing pain behind my eyes, much more like what others here describe.

Again, not one I discuss much.
good news for you greenjeans! I have some info that i think will be educational for everyone on the forum. i too was just dx with blethrospasms and like you my neuro wants to try botox injections in the eyelids which i'm not crazy about and i had a feeling that b/c of the other sx that the botox might actually do more harm than good. (which i just got permission to send an email directly to my neruo and when i told the scretary what was going on she immediately gave me his email b/c she felt there was something to what i was saying. I was flat out blunt and hoenst with the neruo in my documentation and didn't hold back anything from him about the symptoms. i included lots of detailed examples!) yeah i'm having those wonderful eyelids closure problem right now really severely and it is causing severe doubble vision and blurry visoin. oh yeah and eye pain like crazy. good think i can type with my eyes closed and that i type so fast so as to make the most of the times that i can briefly see! for anyone who is interested in this rare disorder that goes hand in hand with MS please see the link that i have attached to this message. it is a pdf file that i created on myc omputer from the most authoritative sorce on blethrospasms dr. Janorvik from TX (i think). Green jeans you and i are NOT alone. there is a network of people out there that i frequently talk to called MS friends and there is a lady in TX who has the same problem we do. Thanks for being bold enough to share it! BTW knowledge is power and ignorance is fear. keep your chin up greenjeans there is hope out there! the article that i am attaching says nothing of MS but there are other sources that i have researched that do mention MS as a possible cause. green jeans have your neruo check for leasions in the basil ganglion/celerbellar/brainstemarea (he will know what i am talking about) that can cause this. well i'm gonna go and sucumb to the closed eyes and freak some people out and make them think i'm sleeping. that is if there was anyone around that i could psyc out liek that. be ye glad btw greenjeans that this only happens when you have attacks! It happens to me EVERYDAY 24/7 and the mornings are the worst! i think u will find this artilce very intersesting. Hee hee hee typed this in 5 mintues flat!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blepharospasm.pdf (125.2 KB, 312 views)
File Type: pdf MS vision problems.pdf (125.7 KB, 217 views)
File Type: pdf MS resources public.pdf (19.2 KB, 216 views)

If you were happy everyday of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a gameshow host! ~ Gabriel Heatter

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. ~ Charlie Brown

When life gives you a ton of lemons, go grab some sugar! It makes the lemonade taste better! - Rachael
bobcatsrule is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote