View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 04:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Tongue

well Ms. Jeans i wish i could expl. all the tests i've had to you. However, all i know i is i've had a lot of bloodwork (no idea what they were testing for - all came back normal) and none of the standard tests for MS. (I had a "normal" MRI about 6 years ago) and since that time it has been all down hill from there. that Normal MRI was from the time when i could play sports and hopping up to walk across a room was no biggie! Now that is not the case (with the walking across a room being no big deal). i imagine that within the comming days I shall have wonderful things done like LPs and MRIs and stuff like that. I probably don't have the kind of blethrospasms either that your MIL had b/c mine is much like yours. the eyes just slam shut and don't open. it isn't primary benign blethrospasms anyway that you and I probably have. we most likely have the "secondary" blethrospasms which is the type that has a cause (ie: lesions in some areas of the brain that affect eyelid opening). that is the only type that has the identifiable cause. I'm really glad that I'm talking to you though b/c they were going to try botox on tuesday and I think I'm going to refuse and ask for further testing first before I allow them to do that. I was going to resist anyway b/c I had my suspicions about what they were saying that there was more to it than just simple little eyelid closure problem.

the good news is i got my neuro's attn. I called his office today and mentioned a word doc to the receptionist that i have been using to write down the "wierdies" as i call them. the sx that make no sense at all but that are very real! Like the "attacks" of nerve pain and things like that (refer to the description of the attack at 16 to see what i mean by Nerve pain). I had previously never shared those things with my neuro but i have now and i have a feeling that there will be more tests coming down the pike but that the new info that i just brushed off as "normal" or "slightly odd" or "top secret" then that will help him make the right dx.

when i described them to her in breif she immediately gave me his email address and encouraged me to share that doc directly with him TODAY. I had called her b/c i was wondering if the info might be relevant or if i should continue to brush it off. (typing with eyes closed is such a wonderufl thing!) she felt that it was legit. so here i am, going under the limbo bar hoping to cross out of limbo land for good and into the land of the appropriate treatments.

btw i have had several x rays of lungs and a cat scan or two but nothing w/ contrast to help them see much of anything. all major anatomical features appear normal. now we get into the land of little things that you can't detect with the necked eye. sounds like more needles to me. GREEEEEAAAAT!

If you were happy everyday of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a gameshow host! ~ Gabriel Heatter

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. ~ Charlie Brown

When life gives you a ton of lemons, go grab some sugar! It makes the lemonade taste better! - Rachael
bobcatsrule is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote