View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Is she also treating the babies?
Thrush can easily get passed back and forth. I've even heard of the dh needing to get treated for particularly difficult bugs! If you are up to it, and she'll let you, I bet helping her with the wash would *really* help (more than just her sanity).
Everything that touches her breast needs to be washed in hot water or at least a vinegar dip. Her bras should be changed fairly frequently (yeah, I know, she's got time for *that*), baby burp rags and bibs, paci's get dipped in vinegar and thoroughly washed after *each* use. All teething toys get the vinegar dip. All soft toys go through the wash. Sheets changed daily. Towels become one use only. Throw vinegar into the rinse cycle. Everything that can take HOT water gets it.

I'm thinking with 5 other children, much of that is not going to get priority. But, would really help her to get the candida under control. ( I nursed my kids forever, and was a peer advisor for a couple years in case you're wondering what on Earth I know about it, LOL)

As for the recipe...if there's no history of anaphylactic allergies, nut bread should work. I use about 1/2 cup almond butter, 1-2 eggs (2 make a cakier consistency) and a few TBS water and bake in a small loaf pan in the toaster oven for about 20 minutes. Its not quite bread...but its good. (Well...dh says interesting, but since he'll eat half of it, it can't be *bad*)
I don't know if CHEBE bread would be okay or not, but there are sugar free mixes.
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote