View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 08:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymay View Post

My Dr wonders why I am so hesitant to try a new med. I am getting to be a little fearful anymore. The side effects listed from so many drugs are scarier than being in the pain from not taking them.

Thanks for the info.... We just have to do what WE think is right for our own well being....
Just makes you wonder how much testing has been done on drugs, and how much of this info has been released. There are so many newer drugs that have had bad press about serious side effects- mental, heart and so on.
Why wouldn't you be very cautious about trying a new drug? You may be one of the few who has a serious reaction to it.
I'm taking a very cautious approach, and would like something to help me sleep, but from what I've read, some of those prescribed are serious drugs and are probably best avoided.
I don't trust pharmaceutical companies, or their testing, or the regulatory authorities who are meant to look out for our safety; and also GP's who don't really know the full details of the drugs they prescribe.
For instance, I told my GP on a couple of occasions that Tramadol seemed to keep me awake. He said that it usually made people sleepy, and discounted my observation. Since then, I have read of many similar experiences with this drug. Great mood improver-stay awake all night and feel good!
Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (03-11-2008)