View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 09:43 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollym View Post
I looked at this thread and one thing that jumped out at me was the brain MRI. Why would they MRI the brain in this case? I have quite a decent number of brain lesions, but it has been my understanding that they wouldn't cause this type of problem.

I also have a lot of spasticity from the MS type crud and thought that was causing this initially.

From talking to some of the TOP TOS vascular docs, neuros and someone who is considered perhaps THE BEST rheumatologist / immunologist, I was told they do the brain MRI because of the following reasons, and not just limited to this:

First and foremost, the do want to eliminate MS. They're looking for the MS lesions.

But then, they're looking for that Chiari 1 malformation. And othere malformations that mimic TOS but can be perhaps fixed by a brain operation.

And brain tumors.

So there are so many reasons they do the brain MRI plus the stem.

I just had another one, and they all say it's "normal." But I know and the docs know I have quite a few neurological problems...

This is so hard to deal with.

My heart goes out to all of us, because back when I was a work comp defense attorney, I never ONCE saw a TOS report (out of thousands), and I saw people have ortho surgeries and get well. I saw a few rheumatological arthritis cases, and those were hard, but again, for the most part, I just saw people have a problem, get fixed, and get back to either their same life, or pretty darn close.

We need to give eachother kudos for our research, for our unending hope and faith, and for our ability to talk to our docs like friends and not be mad that they can't "fix" us, since this is so hard.

We are a pretty cool group of people, folks, and I mean that from my heart.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (03-08-2008), LinJane (03-08-2008)