Thread: Newbie here....
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 10:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz91941 View Post
Hi Peter,

Thanks for responding to my questions. Since going to my acupuncturist I am noticing I have relieve for maybe less than 24 hours but the pain is back the next day. I am not adverse to the pain of getting these injections but they just are not working for me. I think I will finish my 9 sessions with the needles and then may have to have the second neurotomy (ugh!) that my pain Doc suggested.

Are you on pain meds? If so can I ask you what you are taking? I am taking 1 Vicodin every 4-6 hours and it just takes the edge off of the pain. I am still fully employed so I need some kind of relief during the day if I need it, Tylenol just doesn't cut it.

Take care.

Cheers!
Hi Suz, we don't have Vicodin in Australia, but it looks like tramadol may be an alternative, and I take that.
50mg every 4 hours, but not after 6pm as it keeps me awake. Sometime this is not enough and I may increase the dosage a little, but usually I will take something else, like Mersyndol or Dolased, which has paracetamol, codeine and a muscle relaxant. Or I can take a similar one, called here panadeine, which is the same but without the muscle relaxant.
When I get the beartrap on the head, nothing really works but a muscle relaxant sure helps. I throw everything at it until something works!!
Tylenol are lollies, in this context.
Make sure you are getting a good sleep, as the lack of that increases your pain through muscle tension, as you try to cope with everything through the pain. You can also get over-the -counter muscle relaxants, sold as sleep aids.
Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote