View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Ellie, I am do not know what AED is, can you please explain? (I may know it-just not by that)
Quote:
I know she takes Dilantin and Phenobarbital
Those I normally type AEDs because I am just too lazy to spell it all out, hehe. Basically, I was asking what she took to control her seizures - but in a lazy way.

Thank you so much for sharing, and remember when you are here this is your home and you can write as much as you like, so never feel like you have to stop yourself.

Also, you mentioned you have Celiac Disease. I wanted you to know that we have an area of this website for Gluten Sensitivity and Celiac Disease if you are ever finding that you would like some support. HERE is the link to that area.

From what I've read of your story, this could very well be what you had assumed. However, I assume since she does have a good provider this was done - but going back to a head injury as a child, they did do the proper testing to check for any brain damage cause from head trauma, right?

Our darn brains can be so tricky and one disease will seem sooooo similar to the next. If it weren't for the internet, I'd hate to imagine where I would be now. I'd probably be with the same goofy doctor wanting to treat my 'headaches' (which was Trigeminal Neuralgia) with botox injections in my face! :O

I'd personally love to hear more about this and your/your mothers story. I've been reading as much as I can about this, because as mentioned - I am rather new to the topic. I am very interested in it though.

Thank you so much for coming here to share this with us.

*Hugs*

You're a great daughter, your parents must feel so blessed to have you around.

Last edited by Ellie; 10-10-2006 at 09:49 PM. Reason: M R made me assume "Mister" - needed to edit!
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote