View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Joe, I've walked out of my slippers!

Good thing it was in the house! The OH, MY! Now what do I do? stuff hits you in the head, face AND feet hard! YES when any of the many docs I see ask me to stand w/eyes closed...well I just warn them...to BE THERE! Like you I can REALLY wobble good! Foot slipping I liken to the stair/step thing, only my issue is aggravated by cataract surgery scar tissue...one part of one lower eye is like a fun-house mirror...in that where I think I am putting foot/feetis NOT where it goes. Every time I stand up, especially in places not familiar...I kind of do a 'foot stomp'...I call it my getting 'feet reaquainted' to earth contact. Your feet don't tell your brain where they ARE.

From all I've read, it's all part of how the nerves relay info to the brain, damaged nerves, damaged info. Add to the mix, that when we HURT, we tend to move less...thus lose tone, reflexes and balance in the end. Some nerve balance stuff can be 'reprogrammed' thru the safe learing of exercises and thus strength thru the PT. Nerves can reprogram, regenerate and compensate...but it is a teaching process.. Doing/learning is a slow process as you have to condition/recondition: muscles, nerves and vascular systems. That is a lot to do in a body w/lots of issues already...

Learn Slow, SAFE exercises, using equipment and procedures to be done safely at HOME and well, the NEXT issue is MOTIVATION and discipline...Anyone got ideas here? Besides a buggy whip, I mean?

Look up 'ankle sprain' sites, then look at 'wrist sprain' sites, and then look at pilates stuff ...gotta be able to 'hold' yourself up for the next phases...

Good thoughts! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote