View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Aussie--If your antidepressant was helping with sleep, was it stopped for another reason? Because the impression I have from your first post is that you were doing fine until then. If so, would it be reasonable to request to go back on it? Getting a good's night's sleep is so important to our health, that insomnia really should be taken seriously. If you have a hard time falling asleep, staying asleep, or wake up early---these are all a bit different.

But in general, most people get help from Ambien, and Ambien CR if they wake in the middle of night helps others. Some people benefit from meds which deepen sleep---a little bit of Elavil, or Trazodone, and some people do benefit from Melatonin--though most of them are probably not pn-ners.
Also, if people are worried about being tired the next day, a daytime dose of Provigil, which improves wakefulness, can take the intense anxiety out of worrying about falling asleep, and make the need for sedatives less.

I myself have had a wicked week with sleep, and hope it eases by the time I have my next drs appointment, next week. After taking one dose of oxycontin 20mg for pain at night, I developed myoclonus as it wore off. For the entire week since then I've been waking in the middle in the night with restless, jerky legs. Sometimes my leg kicks on its own, sometimes it's just so restless I have to get up. Last night I didn't get more than an hour of clear sleep in a row without awakening restless. I've never heard of this kind of problem after taking a paiin-killer, yet that seems to be what started it. I'm just praying it eases off, like a withdrawal syndrome. I've take Klonopin and Ativan without much success.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote