View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiathedragongirl View Post
What you describe could cover a whole host of possibilities, so don't try and focus on any specific or individual thought - this can lead to obsessive or worrying concerns.

Tell your neuro just what you told us, see if you can't put bit of a diary or timeframe together of just what happened and how the sxs appeared. List things that may have occured at the same time such as a run of illnesses, a bad viral illness, severe stress in your life, an overseas trip, change in diet, exercise etc. It is surprising the proportion of people who visit this forum with similar issues who are marathon runners or have started a very heavy exercise or weight training regime.

Consider a spectrum of blood testing, possibly an MRI and muscle testing of some sort (although this may occur after the blood testing). The neuro should test your strength and reflexes and s/he will know whether you are exhibiting clinical weakness or fatigue related weakness.

My problems occured after a bout of viral illnesses during my second pregnancy, then viral encephalitis two years later. I have never been the same since. It took a long time to dx the problem.

I had muscle weakness, fatigue, tremors, seizures, twitching, headaches, parasthesias, the list is endless.

Start at the beginning; see your neuro and talk over with him/her your sxs. Don't go in with any set ideas on what it might or might not be. Be open to suggestions and testing, and listen to what s/he has to say. If in doubt, you can always get a second opinion.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafigure View Post
You have received some wonderful advice here. The only thing that I can think to add is to make sure that you take someone with you to the dr. You will be surprised as to the difference of what that person will remember and what you will. You will be stressed, and will only take in certain aspects which are often disjointed. A companion will give you a much clearer view of what happened.

Mama
Ditto! Let's hope and pray that it's something that can be corrected and treated, first, MV!! The neuro gets the big bucks because he/she is educated and trained to recognize this stuff. Give the neuro a chance to evaluate you and listen to you. Try to relax in the meantime, worrying can't help anything. Let us know how it goes, okay?

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote