View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Linda,

So far I've resisted adding that extra 100 mg but the cold weather is on its way, that sends my pain through the roof! So it's a wait-and-see game at the moment, but not for much longer. I really hope the weight gain does taper off!

I'm scheduled for an SCS surgery on Nov 3, the trial gave me great relief - if the permanent is as good, I'll be able to get back to doing some exercise. I know the Lyrica slows your metabolism, so I really NEED to walk, I should be able to swim a bit, ride a stationary bike, maybe do a few weight machines. My arms are where the damage is so I'll have to play it by ear, see how much I can do without overdoing if you know what I mean.

But I DON'T want to go up any more pant sizes, size 14 on 5"2 me is NOT cute. And I have nowhere to store them! I was underweight 6 months ago, had been wearing size 6 for the last year and a half. So I have everything from 6 to 12, still in my closet, drawers and spread around my room, cause I can't get the storage boxes down from the closet shelves and dh KEEPS forgetting. I have size 12 winter clothes from 3 years ago (when the Dr put me on Neurontin, same thing happened), most of them are packed away and it's getting chilliieee!! He's home tomorrow, so maybe if I whack him with a wire hanger(a la Mommy Dearest LOL) he'll get them down for me!

I HATE to be on a med like this at this time of year, with the holidays coming up - makes it hard to enjoy stuffing away those scrumptious meals and desserts when it seems like you gain 2 or 3X the norm.

And I used to LAUGH at my brothers' suffering when they could barely touch Thanksgiving Dinner because it was wrestling season and they couldn't afford to gain weight.

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote