View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herekitty1960 View Post
How do you think we got our experience in taking care of the little demons?! You have to HAVE a kid to get experience raising them!!

If you ever decide to have a baby you'll do just fine Erin. I was very nervous with my first baby - I tried to do everything strictly by the book. My second one I felt like I knew what I was doing and I wasn't as neurotic about things.

It's not so bad but it's the hardest job you'll ever love doing!!
My sister had all sorts of experience by the time she had her first kid. She was the only kid in my family old enough to baby sit my other relatives kids.

When I was old enough to baby sit the neighbor kids, those kids were probably getting too old to be babysat. I quit babysitting when one of the brats broke into a neighbor's house, (the door had to be open, that girl was clueless) and stole a bunch of crap and then tried to blame it on me.

The mother of the little felon had gotten home about 7hrs AFTER she said she was going to...was drunk, wouldnt let me call my mom for a ride, and had her slightly less drunk boyfriend drive me home. Then calls me the next day, accused me of breaking into the neighbor's house and said she wasnt going to pay me for babysitting and the overtime. (not like it was going to cost her that much, this was the mid-80s, and charging a $1 an hour was considered highway robbery for babysitting)

I'm not bitter about not getting paid (my dad paid me instead...I think, or at least bought me something to make my 15yr old self feel better) It was getting accused of breaking and entering by a 9yr old that ticked me off. They never did send the cops over to me tho, so the "mother" probably just didnt want to pay me the money she owed for babysitting.

That experience is probably what gave me that idea that a lot of children are brats. (I know not all of them are, just a small proportion) Some kids can be just demon spawn.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote