Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post

Moral of the story:

Pray first before you do anything. Aim and shoot high in your goals, and
stay focused on God.

Never let others discourage you concerning your past. The past is
exactly that. 'the past.'

Live every day one day at a time and remember that only God knows our
future and that He will not put you through any more than you can bear.

Do not look to man for your blessings, but look to the doors that only He has prepared in advance for you in your favor.

Wait, be still and patient: keep God first and everything else will follow.
I hope no one takes offense about this but I always have problems believing stories like this... If only I have enough faith, if only I pray enough, if only, if only, if only....

If only I did this or didn't do that ENOUGH, everything will be all right. So, if everything isn't all right, it must be my fault... This is what I take from these stories.

Aim High... What if you've never been able to aim high? What if your whole life you just trudge through getting by from day to day? What if built into your memory banks are the thoughts that this is all there is? Surviving.

Forget about the past... A lot easier said than done. Like about eight years of therapy to get me where I am now which in spite of the sound of this post, I am in a lot better place than I was before. Focusing on NOW, is a skill that I have only been able to attain lately. Just trying to recite positive affirmations about myself is a stretch.

My life circumstances right now feel overwhelming at times and I feel like I am in this alone. I would like to believe that if I give it up to God that everything is going to be A-OK ... but it doesn't work that way. Ultimately, I know I am the one that is responsible for making a life for myself but I don't feel like I am capable of it. I don't have enough faith in me but I am supposed to have faith in him and if I don't, I must not be enough. Do I make any sense? It seems like a never-ending circle...

My life is extremely frustrating right now and I thank you for listening to me and letting me vent.
Looking4hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lasgo (03-08-2008), Wren (03-12-2008)