Thread: Raw milk
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 09:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Raw milk

Mrs. D,
What's your's or (anyone else's) take on consuming raw milk from a state certified small dairy. Once again, I'm still on the new health kick. I'm slowly increasing the omega three's. I've added Cod Liver oil (low dose), grass fed beef and free range chicken. I've switched to totally gluten free since Jan. 1st for good.

I was supposed to start goats milk too but the one supplier that is state certified has all their goats milk spoken for by one of the local hospitals who uses it in premmie babies who won't nurse. They put my name on a list of people who need it in the event they do find themself with a bigger supply. But I really don't expect to get any because they are the ony one in Texas who qualifies. But I was told by my new surgeon that raw cow's milk from grass fed cows that comes from a state supplier might heal my stomach and digestive tract. I went out today and looked at their set up. Very small herd. Only 3 jersy cows who are babied, kept spotless and the barn and milking facility is the same way. They wouldn't let me come pick it up until it had been cooled to a certain temp and I had to take a cooler that was pre-cooled. Only a short drive from me. But what do you think about it?

They also have free range chickens, and beef. I'm eating so much healthier. Wish I'd learned about all of this years ago. The taste isn't even the same. I'm baking my own gluten free bread and dessert breads.

Yummie,
Billye