View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 06:34 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default People with gastric emptying issues--

--do tend to have some wacky glucose tolerance test numbers, simply because the body has to adjust--and often does so imperfectly--to the erratic transit times of the GI tract. (Many people find that adapting soem form of Zone eating pattern--small meals eaten frequently, balnced among carbs/fats/protein--help this, and helps make transit more regular.)

But a reading of 5--I'm also wondering if that's a misprint, or a lab error; that's about as severe a reactive hypoglycemia as can be imagined. (I mean, not to frighten you, but if that's a real reading, you'd likely be posting here posthumously.)

Did any med professinal comment on that yet? And was that the last reading taken during the test, or were there others afterward that were more towards the normal range?

I understand why they would like to do a thyroid scan to check up on possible autoimmune thyroid disease with the thyroid antibody numbers. Did they also do an anti-thyroglobulin antibody assay?

The ALT number is high, but not WAY high. It's hard to say what it might mean, as that value does go through some dialy fluctutations, and often is associated with inflammatory processes in the liver or other parts of the body. Usuallly, to narrow down possiblities (which can include muscle breakdown, hepatitis, heart disease, or prescription drug overload) they test a whole host of other more specific enzymes.

Which peptide(S) did they test?
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote