View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default They published my article in the NY DAILY NEWS!!

On another forum (The Neuropathy forum), last week, there was a thread about driving if you have neuropathy, and the thread continued with various people posting how they continue to drive or they have stopped driving. I happened to mention that I thought it might be a good idea if he New York City Transit Service instituted a bus or van service just for seniors and people with disabilities. It would run along the same route but only pick up people over 60 and handicapped people. Cyclelops suggested that I write to someone and see what would happen.

Well, I wrote to my local newspaper, the New York Daily News (which has a BIG circulation).

TODAY, THEY PUBLISHED IT.

Here's how it came out. They edited it for content and length but it came out like this.

They titled it

VANTASTIC IDEA

Brooklyn: The number of seniors in the city is growing. So is the number of people with disabilities. But on regular buses, we have to deal with mean kids, overstuffed backpacks, getting jostled and knocked around and, for people in wheelchairs, getting passed by at the bus stop. We need our own service, a bus or large van that would go along the same routes as other buses but take only people over 60 and the handicapped. ... Melody (They actually printed my last name)

They did leave out other stuff I wrote, but hey, THEY DID PUBLISH MOST OF WHAT I SENT IN!!!

Now people (hundreds of thousands), are going to read the Sunday News and many will respond.

Will let all of you know who says what!!!! oh, is this exciting or what??

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote