View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Me?? Old??? Are you serious????

Never gonna happen. I mean, I turn 59 on November 4th. For the first time in my life, I can wear the color yellow, wear pretty skirts, wear tank tops and no one looks at me twice about it.

Do you know how it feels to go on a bus, stand up and see a space between two people and know you can't fit in that space?

I did this all my life.

Now, because this has affected me all my life, I still won't try and fit between two people (even though I can) but the other day, I got the thrill of my life.

I was the first of many people to get on a bus. I sat down and another person sat on the other end of the seat, so there was a blank seat between us.

As the other people began to get on the bus, (there were plenty of empty seats with no one sitting on either side, a lady got on, and sat right down between me and the other person.

I just sat there and said to myself. "gee, she could have taken any of the empty seats but she saw that she had room and she sat between me and the other person.

You tell yourselves these things because in the past, when I got on a bus, and there was an empty seat between two regular size people, I would look at the empy seat and some one would say "don't even think about it, you won't fit". This actually happened to me. So to this day, I will never sit between two people. It's all in the head.

I'm just happy to put on pretty skirts and bangles and earrings and whatever and go out and enjoy life!!!

Oh, and this is for all my lady friends on these boards. Have I got an idea for you!!

I have lots of earrings. I mean lots. Chains also. I went on ebay and saw about buying an earring stand. Well, they range from nine bucks up to sixty. I said "wait a minute, I'll make my own". I went to a fabric store and bought a half a yard of lace. ( a wide piece by the way. Cost me fifty cents.

I then went home, took the end of the piece of lace and wrapped it around a plastic hanger from my closet. I glue gunned the lace over the hanger.
so when you hang up the thing you have a nice piece of lace hanging off of a hanger. The lace has thousands of eyelets (or holes) right?

Well, I sorted out all my jewelry , and hooked the earrings on the lace. I put 30 pairs of earrings on this thing. I then took my chains and fastened them on one end of the hanger and my bracelets on the other end. I could not believe how efficient this thing is. All my jewelry is in one place, No more messy jewelry boxes. I was so impressed with this thing that I brought it around the corner to show my friend and twenty people stopped me in the street saying, "oh are you selling this'. I laughed and said "no, I just made this for fifty cents and it holds all my jewelry.

If anybody wants me to send them a picture of what this looks like, just message me and I'll show you.

you can make this in 5 seconds and hang it on a hook on your wall or in your closet. I hung mine on the wall next to my full length mirror. Imagine getting up and getting dressed and not saying anymore "Oh where are my stupid earrings and chain?"

you've gotta see this. It's adorable.

sorry to go off topic but what the hell, this board is different anyway.

Melody

Last edited by Chemar; 07-25-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: edited at Melody's request
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote