View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 08:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtsobad73 View Post
It almost makes me want to come off of everything and just see how much I can handle. Not necessarily the smart thing to do, but it was just a thought.
May be a very good tack to take. My daughter (severe M.E.) does this on a regular basis and is then able to find out what works and what doesn't.
Hard to tell for some of the minor things that are supposed to do good, but which don't have any real evidence, but for others it soon lets you know. If you go this way, do it slowly, and keep a diary record of what you have done and what results you notice.
I believe that the less we take the better. You have to take enough that you can live your life, but not lose control. And there may be better drugs for you than what you are on.
It is a very difficult path, as when you are ill you are not well placed to ask questions or do research, which takes ages. And then who do you trust?
I'm still trying to get the balance right. Sometimes I think that I should just take pain killers every 4 hours regardless, and then I think I should wait until it gets bad. But in that grey area between there is a dull, uncomfortable feeling that is not so much pain as general discomfort. Hard to justify a pain killer, but what else is there?
Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote