View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 10:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default not sure but replying LOL

My opthamologist had conversion disorder listed as my primary dx for recent vision issues I have been experiancing. However, not sure how good of a "diagnosis" it is, as it was just the diagnostic code listed for the billing company.

But didnt want you not having any replies to your post. When I first saw it on the reciept, I was like "What in the world is conversion disorder?" then immediately looking up a couple websites, I was EXTREMELY irate!!! Thankfully, I called and spoke to my DH, Mother, BFF, and my SIL before talking to the staff at the opthamology group. They convinced me that he (the optho) WASNT saying I was crazy or faking it, but that without more investigation, there was no MEDICAL reason for my symptoms and their severity.

I told my mother, that with my eye situation (my vision went from 20/30 best corrected down to 20/100 best corrected, in less than a year), and now getting this 'diagnosis' of conversion disorder, that I almost feel like I did when I was dealing with all my neurological stuff, and the first NL I went to diagnosed carpal tunnel, which turned out to actually be ACM1 found by another NL. This feeling of 'there's something we're not seeing, but its there'. Ya know?

Wish I could help more!!! Hope ya find the help your looking for sweetie!!

God Bless you and Yours!!!!

Dawn