View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default I did it! I did it! I did it! All by myself!

I just successfully gave myself a manual injection!!

My dad (a nurse anesthetist) talked me thru it.

It's burning like crazy right now, like it normally does, but I didnt get the instantaneous ginormous welt that I usually get. I have a little welt, but it's a baby compared to the ones I get from an autoject-ion.

I cant believe I managed to do a manual shot, without blasting an air bubble into my lungs or breaking the needle off or something.

I wanted my dad to talk me thru it, instead of doing it for me, that way if I screwed up the shot, he could at least start the first aid and call 911 just in case I did something seriously wrong.

The big problem with doing the shot myself, was just getting that stupid needle to break the skin. I tried doing a manual shot last week, but I just couldnt get myself to make the needle go thru the skin that time.

Maybe now I wont be so hesitant to do the shot anymore. Sometimes I go a week without doing the shot.

In the 5 minutes it's been since doing the shot, it was really burning, but now it's not so annoying. Usually takes about 10 or 20 minutes after doing an autoject before the bee sting goes away.

Yay! I'm free of the harpoon (autoject)

I just cant believe I did it myself...and with my vision in my right eye acting all wonky today too.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mommywms (03-10-2008), Taffy (03-10-2008), tovaxin_lab_rat (03-10-2008), Twinkletoes (03-10-2008)