View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 11:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My fog too. I can be talking to someone and the phone might ring, then I have already forgotten what I was talking about.

If I am supposed to do something, I HAVE to write it down.

My wife drives me crazy by picking up my pill container and "putting it away". THEN she asks if I have taken my pills and I tell her I am not sure. At that point I look for my usual places and if they are not there I have to ask her where she is hiding my pills. It sounds dumb to most people, but I hope you understand. My wife does not seem to be able to follow.

I kept a log of all opiates for over 500 days, until I felt like I had a handle on it. Now I take all my meds and put all 7 days in at one time. I am on Avinza and Oxycodone and Lido-Derm Pain Patches.

I am 62 and have been on opiates for around 2 years. I fear early onset of Dementia. I already am disabled for inoperable lower back damage and life threatening respiratory disease. If I pass out or don't use my ventilator, I will not start breathing again. CCHS is what I have. Since birth. Of course they did not "find" CCHS until around 1962.

My Dad developed Dementia at around 80 years old. He was NEVER on opiates.

I am working to get off them completely, but I fear the stress of the pain will just come back twice as bad. Hard to know what is "right".

Good luck with your treatments.