View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 06:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Do I fit here or am i just weird?

hi,

Well it is 6:30 am and I just got that WEIRD pins and needles down the arm and then down the spine 30 sec later with my head tucked forward snuggling up with my teddy bear.

(yes I'm 24 but i use the bear (or a big pillow) b/c my face tends to fall into the head pillow if i don't b/c i can't balance when laying down on my side - muscles are too tense and ridgid and pull and contrort me in all different ways, esp. at night).

the pins and needles sensation Woke me up out of a sound sleep dang it! So i come over to the computer hoping for solace and answers to the questions of life.

i know i haven't been dx yet. Hence the question in the subject line. I call my neuro today and see what kind of tests they will run tomorrow during my appointment.

I sent him an email friday with the sx that i just considered wayyyyy too weird to mention to the neuro.

I showed my family the email last night and dang it, my family said that I was leaving out words and scrambling syntax all over the place! I thought it made perfect sense and i still wouldn't have a clue how to edit the thing!

Sooooo I don't know if he will be able to despher my hyrogliphics or not! (that is what my college friends and i call it when my writing makes no sense to them and i become the translator).

I fortunately have a neuropsychologist friend of mine that is hopefully going to work with my neruo to see if they can fig. me out. btw the neruopsychologist was my major prof. in college that supervised my senior thesis.

he has known me for 5 years and he CAN read my hieroglyphics (i have sent him enough emails over the years).

So life in limbo land continues and hopefully friday's email to the neuro will give him some leads to check out, and we can get some answers.

Normally my neuro does not accept emails from paitents. however, i talked with his secretary and mentioned a couple of the weirdies, as i call them, to her. the sx that i always kept quiet about.

and she immediately gave me his email and asked me to email him the word doc on my computer that had the list of the werdies.

that is what i showed my family last night and none of them could understand a word i was saying.

It was in english i swear, just my unintentional rendition of it!

i gots a 2.5 hour drive to the neuro tomorrow (he is in another city at the state teaching hospital <Medical College of Georgia>) and i don't know if I'll have to stay over night or not. I find that out today.

Fortunatly my family, now that they have retracted their threat not to take me b/c the thought i was "too normal" to need to see the neuro (that is until they read my email).

Now that they are taking me (as i can not see well enough to drive that distance), maybe i'll get some answers. I sure hope so.

I'll quit rambling and post this thread out to dry. I feel so awkword after last night. and any feedback from the forum would be appreciated b/c i feel like a freak show looking for a place to be accepted for who i am.

thanks, bobcat

If you were happy everyday of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a gameshow host! ~ Gabriel Heatter

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. ~ Charlie Brown

When life gives you a ton of lemons, go grab some sugar! It makes the lemonade taste better! - Rachael
bobcatsrule is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote