View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 08:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default DH Mad at me AGAIN

My dh and I don't go out much because he works alot of hours and I unfortunately am a homebody.

Saturday night he wanted to go out to dinner at a new place.

We were both really looking forward to it.

Just backing up a little bit, I had been up very early this day and spent 1/2 the day at a MS program.

Anyway we get to the restaraunt sit down and order drinks.

I start feeling panicky. It was really loud with other diners talking and laughing it up. It just sounded so amplifying to me.

By the time the wonderful dinner came, I was sweating like a pig and was no longer hungry.

I kept watching John eat thinking please hurry up, I have to get out of here!

I finally told him that I was sorry but we have to leave.

I did try to explain to him how I felt but he seemed really mad. Didn't talk to me all the way home. When he finally spoke he told me he was really tired of doing things by himself.

I felt awful and appologized. There are days that I say I'm sorry at least 3-5 times.

Tell me.... Why should I be sorry???? I didn't do anything I can't help the way I feel but yet I have all these guilty feelings.

I do try to explain but I know he doesn't hear me. I really believe that he thinks I pick and choose when to feel bad!

I am at my wits ends on trying to make him understand. How do I handle this? How do I talk to him without having to apologize for things that are completely out of my control!!!

My sensory sxs seem so out of whack lately. I even have a hard time going into a crowded grocery store.

When my dh and sons wrestle I have to leave the room because the loudness of them falling or laughing freaks me out!!

Does anyone else feel this way?? Can it be fixed??

Roadtrip Wannabe
Bannet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote