View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 09:08 AM
anon72413

anon72413

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannet View Post
I felt awful and appologized. There are days that I say I'm sorry at least 3-5 times.

Tell me.... Why should I be sorry???? I didn't do anything I can't help the way I feel but yet I have all these guilty feelings.

I do try to explain but I know he doesn't hear me. I really believe that he thinks I pick and choose when to feel bad!

I am at my wits ends on trying to make him understand. How do I handle this? How do I talk to him without having to apologize for things that are completely out of my control!!!

My sensory sxs seem so out of whack lately. I even have a hard time going into a crowded grocery store.

When my dh and sons wrestle I have to leave the room because the loudness of them falling or laughing freaks me out!!

Does anyone else feel this way?? Can it be fixed??
beth... i think so many of us feel this way!
i don't know if it can be fixed...

sometimes when i have thoughts that seem to pile up and all revolve around my ms symptoms, i am less apt to try to fix it... because i know it is ms... and soon i will feel better...

i get ticked when ms interfers w/my life... so i try not to give it more than it takes... if i'm feeling overwhelmed, down, confused, lost, whatever.... i know that this is MS... NOT me... when i snip or snap at hubby, i apologize right away and say "oh, that sounded terrible, i'm sorry... or, i know its a bummer, but i have to leave, this place is making me sick..."

you are right.. you don't have to apologize.. but feeling sorry i think is a normal healthy reaction... because you ARE sorry, despite it not being your fault...

sort of like when we say to each other here "i'm sorry you are going thru this"

ms turns those normal healthy sorry feelings and makes them mountains that we can't climb... we can climb them and we can conquer them... it just takes time and patience...

you went out w/dh! that's awesome! really it is! don't let it stop you from trying again! ...maybe a different time of day... when you haven't been out at an ms event and up early....

big big big hugs for you, bethee!!!

i'm glad you came here to share all the yukkies with us!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (03-10-2008)