Thread: Walking aids?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 09:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy Walking aids?

When I go shopping I HAVE to use a shopping cart to help me with walking. When DH and I take the kids some where like the zoo I use the baby stroller, now that the "baby" is turning 4 next month he doesn't stay in the stroller so what am I going to do, just push it with all 7 kids walking, LOL.

I have a cane but I find it doesn't help much and makes my arm/hand hurt. I just can't use a walker. DH is fighting me on the scooter thing, after all I can walk very well most of the time. Also I can't deal with the scooter having the handle bars, my arms can't handle it so I really would have to go to a power wheel chair. When I'm tried I get wobbly and my legs get weak.

My legs are now (at least they have been for the last 10 weeks) partly numb from my waste down all the time.

I don't know what I should do, I NEED my baby stroller, LOL I just can't give it up.DH fought with me the last time we went to the zoo, he told me that Brian (the almost 4 year old "baby") wasn't going to stay in it. I told him I know it but I HAD to use it. He agreed I could take it but I did feel silly pushing a stroller with-out a kid in it the whole time we were there. Brian is almost the same size as his just turned 5 year old brother so he IS getting to big to be in the stroller so I know it looks odd for all the kids to be walking and me walking behind everyone with a baby stroller.

DX with Fibromyalgia, 1998
DX with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), June 2008
DX with Food Allergies, wheat, sesame, fresh pineapple

momXseven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote