View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 10:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
My entire life feels like a dream. Everything seems gray and fuzzy, with lapses of lucidity now and then. After my TBI, everything seemed okay in here. Some food tasted a little funny, but I still enjoyed life, and was a competent person. I had a couple jobs, I had friends, I had things I liked to do. Now I don't even know what I'm thinking most of the time, I quit my jobs, and I've isolated myself from most of the world. Take this post for example. I've been working on it for 20 minutes. I don't know what to write, I just write for awhile, then read what I wrote, and delete most of it.
I can relate --blame TBI that occured last year; Cognitive and other problems have persisited including many you refer to.
from things like food not tasting right to problems thinking & doing - to that surreal gray fogginess and more....things that weren't problems before TBI....

so much that's difficult to understand; express... I still struggle to get my racing thoughts into written & spoken words. go back & make corrections & deletions... struggle with other Cognitive & mental process--memory, recall, problem solving, decision making; emotional volitility, hypersensivity, and too much more to detail...
I too feel confused , and isolated....

i do Blame last TBI for most of the brain related dysfunctions that compromise my Life now
my Losses & many medical problems began when I was hit by car 10+yrs ago. TBI then seemed to resolve while chronic pain & other neuro issues worsened. "smaller" head injurys/concussions that occured in between, mostly from falls, 'drop attacks' -players, but proverbial straw that broke the camels back seems to be last years whack in head w/ loss of consciousness.
--whether that or cumulative affects of several TBI or other "pre-disposing" factors--including my situation & personal stressors as primary Livein Carer for terminally parents-- or all together-- very challenging....

wondering what your story is--when, how did TBI occur?? other affects?? questions??

while we may not have [all] the answers, folks here have shared experiences & empathy; caring support; research, info-- to educate & advocate..
Learning, educating self, and others, about TBI is vital.
many LINKS cited thuout Forum can help.... understanding how the brain can be injured & affects and more about TBI...

Last edited by pono; 03-10-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: add/delete
pono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote