Thread: Arachnoid Cyst
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Arachnoid Cyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime_S View Post
Just wondering if anyone here has an Arachnoid Cyst?
My Arachnoid Cyst, in the posterior fossa, was discovered 10 years ago, (with an MRI) after 2 years trying to find answers to my symptoms.
It was operated on, and so far, hasn't regrown. Although we were sure it had, because the symptoms returned early last year. But an MRI didn't reveal any new growth.
But now it seems I have Occipital Neuralgia, originating from the cyst operation, which damaged the Occipital nerves!
Just my luck...

~Jaime~

Hey Jaime, Saw your post today, this is my first day here. I also had a arachnoid cyst, mine as a child. I actually had my cyst removed it was on my auditory canal and 7th and 8th cranial nerves. Mine was removed at childrens hospital philadelphia in the early 80s. Then I had several reconstructive surgery procedures due to nerve damage. i couldn't smile or close my eye, also limited hearing in left ear. Figures I would get something so rare. But we all have our stories and problems. I figure this is what God gave me and maybe it will be useful to share my story with others. Wishing you all the best
Amy35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote