View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 10:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
wondering what your story is--when, how did TBI occur?? other affects?? questions??
In october 2006, I was longboarding down a hill I probably shouldn't have. I was new to the sport, and it was a big hill. I didn't know that when you go down such big hills, you're supposed to carve to slow down, but I just went straight down. I don't know exactly what happened, because I have no memory after starting down the hill. When I crashed I was probably going about 25-30 mph, and I hit my head on the pavement with no helmet. I woke up 4 days later in the hospital, and learned later that I had had open skull surgery to remove a blood clot that had formed when I landed. I was out of the hospital in less than a week, and back to work in a couple months. But the last few months things have been getting worse, short term memory and disorganized thinking. Take that question for example, 'other affects??,' just trying to think of any makes my mind go blank. I was thinking about seeing a doctor, haven't seen one since my 6 month checkup and CAT scan, when everything seemed to be fine. However, real life seems to be getting in the way of that.
fuzzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote