View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

(((Wiix))) Counseling is not for everyone. Sometimes our bad memories of the past need to just stay in the past. The more we drudge them up the worse they seem to become.

I think sometimes the biggest hurdle to get over is to forgive ourselves. When bad things happen we tend to feel some sort of guilt even though we were not the ones that did wrong. We feel we must have done something wrong to deserve what we got. Forgive yourself and then start building from there.

Look at the good that you have done, despite your home life. What you did for that lady was remarkable. By your kindness and willingness to accept her, you must have made her so happy and filled some of her lonliness. Remind yourself of that and see if there is some small thing you can do to help someone else.

While there is a lot of bad out there, I find there is more good when you really take a look around. I have an old notebook that I would write in about only good things. When things get to me, I read it and sometimes add to it. Additionally, when things get to me, I write it all down. Then I tear it up and throw it away. I feel so much better after that.

I hope you find you way through all of this. Sending you lots of cyber's.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (03-10-2008), the Bird (03-11-2008), Wiix (03-10-2008)