View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momXseven View Post
When I go shopping I HAVE to use a shopping cart to help me with walking. When DH and I take the kids some where like the zoo I use the baby stroller, now that the "baby" is turning 4 next month he doesn't stay in the stroller so what am I going to do, just push it with all 7 kids walking, LOL.

I have a cane but I find it doesn't help much and makes my arm/hand hurt. I just can't use a walker. DH is fighting me on the scooter thing, after all I can walk very well most of the time. Also I can't deal with the scooter having the handle bars, my arms can't handle it so I really would have to go to a power wheel chair. When I'm tried I get wobbly and my legs get weak.

My legs are now (at least they have been for the last 10 weeks) partly numb from my waste down all the time.

I don't know what I should do, I NEED my baby stroller, LOL I just can't give it up.DH fought with me the last time we went to the zoo, he told me that Brian (the almost 4 year old "baby") wasn't going to stay in it. I told him I know it but I HAD to use it. He agreed I could take it but I did feel silly pushing a stroller with-out a kid in it the whole time we were there. Brian is almost the same size as his just turned 5 year old brother so he IS getting to big to be in the stroller so I know it looks odd for all the kids to be walking and me walking behind everyone with a baby stroller.

If it helps you walk and makes you feel more secure who cares what it looks like or what DH thinks? You can use it to hold sweaters and coats, your purse, packages, or whatever.

If I went somewhere with seven kids I would feel justified doing whatever the heck I wanted if it made things easier on me!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (03-10-2008), sugarboo (03-10-2008)