Thread: Walking aids?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Your husband is fighting you on a scooter? What do you mean by that? Is he embarassed that you want a scooter? Or is he trying to get you to use one?

If you can walk, but you need something to hold onto, get a rollator. If you need it, you need it. Your ability to walk without falling down is more important than what you look like to the rest of the world with a rollator. It's nothing to be embarassed about.

It's more embarassing to fall flat on your face in the middle of the zoo than it is to be using a rollator to keep yourself upright.

I've been lucky and am not having problems walking yet, but when I fell down the stairs and injured my knee in january, I was using one of my mom's rollators to get around in my basement on the sore knee. It was so much better than using the crutches the ER gave me or crawling on the floor.

Use the rollators...get an electric scooter if you need one. Of course, if you get an electric scooter, make sure you get a basket or two, because I'm sure all 7 of your munchkins will be having you hold their drinks and jackets and toys for them.

Some zoos actually will rent the electric scooters. My local zoo does. We've rented them to take my mom to the zoo before. Easier than hauling my mom's scooter into the back of my car. (her scooter is one of the huge ones that can be broken down for travel, but even in pieces it's seriously heavy)
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (03-11-2008)