View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 01:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachlover11 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am brand new here and need some help. I have been on disability since September, 2002 and I was approved until December, 2008. I am not at all better - after 4 surgeries I am just on pain management - does anyone know what happens for me when it's time for a review? Any help would be useful. I managed to get myself approved w/o a lawyer and I really need the money.

Thanks,
Lisa
since i was deemed "totally Permanently Disabled" by SSA judge, over 10 yrs ago, I've had annual reviews.

these have been simple forms to complete & return by mail, after answering some basic questions that include:
"Has your DR told you can return to work"
"ARE you...Better, Worse, Same",
"have you been employed" and some similar questions RE: your ability to be gainfully employed.
I'm not recalling all the specifics but questions , not even a dozen on back & front of a single page, are very simply answered-
most by yes/no answers. there's a space at end of form if you want to add or note anything.
a sheet of instructions is also sent. if any questions can call toll free #.

sign, date, return by mail w/in 30 days of receiving.

also, ask if any hospitilizations and dates & brief reason for last 3 medical [or psych] appts.
I don't know if they also contact DRs or others but assume do check to verify your info. [in some way] that you still can't be gainfully employed.

the review is easy, compared to getting SSDI. so I wouldn't worry...
it's a way to find out if you're situation has changed, to determine if you still need & qualify for for these benefits

take care, and again, don't worry about the review.

Last edited by pono; 03-10-2008 at 05:00 PM. Reason: add
pono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Beachlover11 (03-10-2008)