View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 05:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

LizaJane ironically I also experience leg jerks with Oxycontin. And hypnotic jerks too. I always thought it was very strange as well. It does go away, so hang in there.

It is true I was doing very well with my Tryciclic,and when I stopped it I started having problems like,rebound anxiety,panic, & insomnia. I stopped taking it because I developed problems with my jaw. I would be talking to someone or yawning or chewing,and my jaw would slam shut abruptly,and my upper and lower teeth would collide, and grind. This would go on all day. My neuro said it was probably a side-effect of this medication, and I was worried that it would get worse.

Yesterday my chemist told me that I should no longer experience insomnia,as a result of the tryciclic,and something else is going on. So I got a bit worried. I have tried to tackle this insomnia on my own,and to try to ride it out, but it's causing my body alot of physical stress and making me more ill. I have an appoinment tomorrow with another doctor that I have seen in past who hopefully will prescribe something that will help me.

Last edited by Aussie99; 10-10-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote