View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momXseven View Post
This is what I have been leaning towards getting.
When we bought my mom her latest scooter (she had knee replacements and has spinal stenois) I was looking at all the electric scooters and chairs too. Kind of "window shopping" just in case I should need one someday.

I kind of like the ones that are more chairs than scooters. I played around riding a couple. The scooter type seemed to have more control because you had handlebars.

The chair type felt like it would take a while to figure out the joystick controls, but the people at the pharmacy we were at, said that they're actually very easy to control. They also can tweak the controls for you so that the response is sensitive to your hand movements, or not so sensitive.

I hope I wont have to use one of those for a long time, but I'm already shopping around for the style I'd like to get if I ever have to use one. (I trip occasionally, so I might end up with one sooner than I want one) A friend of mine who paints cars has said that he'd decorate the cover that goes over the batteries for me whenever I do get one. (in a nice patriotic design)

If your husband doesnt think you need one, try explaining to him why you think you need one. I'd point out that if you're so tired from walking that you're falling down, that for safety sake, you need a scooter or walking aide of some sort. You might not hurt yourself everytime you fall down, but all you need to do is fall just the right (wrong?) way and you could seriously injure yourself.

Tell him that it would be safer, and easier for you to have some sort of walkaide, and then you'll be able to help him easier with the Magnificent Seven that you have running around.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (03-10-2008)