View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 02:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Michigan and Florida

What to do, what to do???

The real problem seems to be that no one wants to pay for a rerun , but it's unthinkable that two large states should just be deleted from the process because of an arbitrary rule that produced a skewed result. Clearly the first primary was not a reflection of what "the people" want. Maybe somebody should call the white house at 3 am and see what the guy who answers the phone has to say..., or my best suggestion is get Hillary and Barack in a room and have them flip a coin... either winner takes all or flip 2x -once for each state. Hillary at least had the sense to get her name on the ballot..covering her butt in the event of a screwup. She has been in politics long enough to know screwups are common. That alone tells me she is smarter and more experienced than her opponent . Perhaps she does have a claim to their delegates by default. Another idea would be just add up the delegates and split them down the middle. How about having a special Democratic night on American Idol. Have them both show up, give a 3 minute speech and call it the Florida/Michigan Vote night and open the phone lines for a few hours. Unfortunatley there are no simple answers and the populace may have to revolt to revote.

I do like the American Idol solution...if the phone lines were open all day CNN could get a ton of milage out of it too.
SandyC (03-10-2008)