View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi, it's me, doody. Decided to finally wander over to headache and see what's up.

Knock on wood, my migraines are fewer and farther between now. I think it's because I got old and went mentalpausal.

I've been on every med you can think of for headache/migraine.

My best med for migraines has been Imitrex nasal spray, NOT the pills. For when that doesn't work, it's because it's turned into an emergency room migraine which used to happen way too often.

Anyway, have you tried Topamax? God I feel for you, those LONG headaches! I even did the go in the hospital routine for a week and have an IV drip of I can't remember what drug. And it didn't work. So the doc said let's try Topamax. Darned if it didn't stop that headache round.

I also go to a masseuse, a wonderful woman (retired nurse) and she is good. But I see her primarily for the fibro and chronic myofacia pain.

My neck is a mess from multiple car accidents so she works on that a lot as well.

OH, for stuff that helps topically for me. Tiger Balm. Whenever I have a headache, I put that on my forehead and it really helps. If nothing else, it detracts from the pain. Also really good on sore muscles. I am never without a big tin of Tiger Balm on my nightstand.

Hugs. Headaches and migraines suck.

And watch out for those rebound headaches from taking aspirin, tylenol, whatever. That gets you into a vicious cycle.

My head hurts just thinking about your pain ((Ellie)).

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote