Thread: Very lonely.
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 06:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am so very sorry to read that you are feeling lonely. I think this is an all too common problem in our society. I think having the internet helps a little with this...so perhaps it is a good and wise thing that you posted here. One thing I do wonder about though is folks who get "too" attached to friendships on the internet, might miss out on "real life" friendships, which are usually more fulfilling.

I am a firm believer in being careful with what we say. I think it is important to watch our "self talk." So, it is probably also a good thing that you went back and edited some of your post. Sometimes we can still express how we feel and be honest, but avoid all the negative stuff that can trail along.

Is there a way that you might get out and meet people one or two days or even partial days a week? Could you volunteer one or two days a week somewhere? Do you have a shut in neighbor that could use some kind of assistance from you one day a week? Could you go to an elementary school and read to the kids one or two days a week?

Although you have your own health concerns to address, you still might be able to help another person in a small way and just getting out consistently and meeting people could be very uplifting for yourself and others.

IF this is totally out of the question at the moment, another thought I had was to just get out of the house and go to the library (read something uplifting) or the park (for some fresh air).

I do hope you feel better soon.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wiix (03-10-2008)