View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 11:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Hi Erika,

Boy, reading about Larry brought a lot to my memory. I can relate with almost everything he is going through. I had the same situation with not knowing where I was or why I was there. I thought I had been kidnapped and that the nurses were keeping me from my family. I too had a stroke at the time of my aneurysm and seizures as well.

Medications have a way of altering people's perception about what is going on with them. Morphine did it to me. Once I came off and it was out of my system, I was better in that regard. I still have a problem sometimes with speech and my aneursym was on 12/31/05. It was clipped because it had ruptured so there was nothing to coil. My friends recently told me I referred to the channel at the Spaulding hospital in Boston with their ads and Tedi Bruschi as their spokesperson as the playboy channel, since I love Tedi Bruschi..lol. I also referred to my nightgown and robe as a bathing suit and cover up to the nurse who asked me if I was ready for bed. Speech therapy was a big help and it will help Larry as well. As long as he is kept positive that his recovery will continue forward, he will do well. It is amazing what our minds can convince us of.

His support group sounds good with you and his family being there for him. Don't forget, though, that you guys need the support as well. Is there a group in the area that deals with Brain Aneurysm support? If you are not sure about that, you can go to the Brain Aneurysm Foundation at bafound.org and they will be able to direct you in your area. Stay positive. It will get better for you.
Godmom1997 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-27-2009)